Termites infest wood and wood products. Subterranean termites damage wood by feeding along the grain while consuming the soft, spring growth. Termites also feed on molding, paneling, drywall paper, some carpets, wood flooring, linoleum, and wood baseboards. A single colony can contain as many as one million termites.
Termites are a greater threat to property than tornadoes, fire and hurricanes combined. It is estimated that subterranean termites cost us $750 million each year in damages to homes.
Astro Pest Control is a large family owned business that offers you:
- Free Inspections
- Pre Construction Treatments
- Liquid Termite Treatments
- Sentricon Bait Systems
- The best termite guarantee
- Real Estate Inspections
Termite Tips for the Home Owner:
- Termites are Attracted to Moisture
- Eliminate standing water and its source under your house
- Sprinkler heads should be placed so that water does not stand at foundation
- Gutters and downspouts should be kept clean and discharged away from structure
- Repair plumbing, air conditioning leaks and especially roof leaks
- Allow proper ventilation and clear access to crawlspace
- Keep foundation shrubbery trimmed from vent openings to allow circulation
- Remove any debris, firewood, scrap lumber or tree stumps that are near your home
- Correct any direct wood to ground contact adjacent to your structure (fences, etc.)
- Special attention should be focused on homes with SYNTHETIC STUCCO FOAM INSULATING SYSTEMS
If your home is not presently covered under an annual termite warranty, it should be! Give the experts at Astro Pest Control a call today!