Mold is simply a fungus. Like another fungus, the mushroom, there are good and bad molds. Some molds are used in making antibiotics, beer, and cheese, while other types can be toxic and cause negative health effects. But, the main purpose of mold is to break down dead materials, like wood and fiber that are used in building materials.
Mold growth can start as soon as 24 hours after a water event has occurred. Because of dirt, all crawlspaces are literally mold factories. Mold can often be seen in the form of a discoloration or a stain. When molds are present in large quantities, called colonies, they become a health concern. Molds are divided into 3 basic groups based on health effects: Allergenic, Pathogenic, and Toxic. Allergenic molds can cause allergic symptoms such as wheezing or runny nose. Pathogenic molds can cause suppressed immune systems, or serious health effects in a person who already has a decreased immune system. Toxic molds can cause serious health effects in almost everyone. These effects may be short-term irritations to even cancer.
If you think that you have a crawl space mold or moisture problem of any kind, Astro Pest Control wants to help! Call (229) 226-2414 for your free consultation today!
- Drywall cracks in the interior.
- Uneven floors due to humidity.
- Foul odors in your home.
- Heightened allergies or Asthma symptoms.
- Protects your A/C system and ducts from condensation.
- Also makes your home more energy efficient.
- Protects your home from moisture damage, mold, and mildew.
- Protects your home from uneven floors due to humidity.
- Reduces allergens in the air.